Commercial director | Damen Naval
• Werkgever: Damen Naval
• Afdeling: sales division and market
• Locatie: Vlissingen
• Contract: vast
• Uren per week: 40
• Plaatsing vacature: 10 oktober 2022
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Commercial Director you will be responsible for all sales activities, related activities and results for the Damen Naval sales division and market. You will also be responsible for the development and implementation of the sales strategy, plan, policies, and practices which contribute to the companyís strategy. As Commercial Director you will represent the Damen Naval division and Damen to relevant stakeholders in line with overall Damen (Naval) strategy, (business) plans and corporate guidelines. This in order to ensure the realisation of strategic sales objectives, meet customer expectations and create customer loyalty.
As Commercial Director you will be member of the Management Team of Damen Naval.
As Commercial Director you will:
• Contribute to the development of the (sales) strategy and policies of the portfolio in line with Damen (Naval) strategy, business needs and external market developments.
• Develop and strengthen relations with (strategic) naval customers and other government and law enforcement customers.
• Develop, manage, implement, and monitor the realisation of the Naval sales strategy in line with Damen sales strategy and policies.
• Track and analyse the market (developments), initiate relationships with potential (key) customers and detect and acquire new business opportunities.
• Ensure and optimize market and industry intelligence regarding customerís needs, high-level trends, and opportunities in close cooperation with the product & proposal department.
• Build and maintain a network of key internal and/or external stakeholders, represent the Damen Naval division, initiate, and execute marketing activities in line with business needs, policies, and external developments.
• Initiate market activities in line with business needs and external developments
• Evaluate and/or continuously optimise sales processes, procedures and systems, initiate & implement changes, and improvements.
• Manage or lead negotiations with (potential) high value customers and prepare proposals and contracts, in close collaboration with the Product & Proposals and the Legal department.
Skills & experience
As Commercial Director you need to have:
• Master degree in a management or other relevant discipline.
• Extensive experience with and knowledge of complex sales (related) positions, setting-up and managing government related contracts and sales & financial management in the naval and/or defence industry.
• Proven track record in general or (technical) commercial management, preferably gained in a related naval and/or defence industry.
• Wide and broad knowledge of and experience within the (naval) shipbuilding industry and markets.
• Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal and German is highly preferred.
• Competences: customer and results orientation, teamwork, behavioural flexibility, quality orientation, leadership, coaching, vision, entrepreneurship, market orientation, judgment, decisiveness, and networking.
• Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening are a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
• Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
• A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
• A competitive salary package and other benefits.
• A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
• Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
• An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Commercial Director, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.
Sinds 13 augustus 2001